Gamesys is a Bally's Corporation company and forms part of one of the world's leading entertainment providers, with tens of millions of players and thousands of employees across the globe.
Take a look at our Gamesys brands & sites – including Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Monopoly, Heart and Vera&John – they're some of the best known in the industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself.
We are looking for a Data Support Engineer to join the Data Engineering Department. You will play a key role in supporting the Data Platform day-to-day operational needs by providing timely resolutions to incidents/queries to the various consumers of the Data Platform.
The Data Engineering Team is comprised of highly skilled, cross-functional and collaborative members who are motivated to create innovative data solutions. Our team is responsible for the delivery of a Data Platform which became a fundamental layer in the company's data-driven journey by enabling the centralization, governance, consumption and insight generation on large volumes of data.
- Be a valuable member to the Data Platform Engineering division by working closely with Data Platform Engineers, Architects, Development Manager and DevOps Engineers to deliver a broad range of data services
- Take pride in providing top-notch response and resolutions to incidents/queries from the various consumers of the Data Platform
- Have complete ownership of the service desk function promoting continuous process improvements and ensuring that SLA's are met
- Actively participate in data analysis/re-conciliation initiatives amongst various systems and departments
- Continually seek to improve the Data Platform support function by bringing forward new initiatives and introducing best practices
- Work closely with Data Engineers and Data Architects to collaboratively investigate production incidents/queries and establish potential improvements
- Actively participate in change management discussions and periodic meetings to influence and gain knowledge on the Data Platform’s deliverables
- Good understanding of relational databases and familiarity with reading and writing SQL
- Proven experience with either supporting or actively working on similar systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to grasp new concepts quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills with particular focus on communication, problem solving and self-management
- Ability to adapt to a fast pace and continuously changing environment
You are familiar with and would like to be exposed more to:
- High-level cloud concepts
- Data related technologies and concepts
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market including continued personal growth, career development plans and performance bonus. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly massages, office events and team-building activities.
This is Bally’s Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise!
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.