Bally’s Interactive is the digital arm of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, Bally’s Corporation, with tens of millions of players across the globe and big plans always in the works. Our brands and sites include market movers and shakers like SportsCaller, Monkey Knife Fight, Vera&John, Virgin Casino, Jackpotjoy and many more. We make our mark by embracing the diversity of our global team, challenging ourselves, and striving to make a difference for our players.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer with a passion for data to work alongside other developers, architects, and machine learning engineers in an agile environment. You will be integrating 3rd party data platforms and building batch and streaming data pipelines for our target cloud data platform (Databricks) and our current enterprise data warehouse (DB2). You will build a variety of services that drive intelligence into our internal and external products and platforms. You will work with
scrum team members delivering elegant solutions and troubleshooting difficult problems. You will get to work with massive data sets and learn to apply the latest big data technologies on a leading-edge platform.
- Coding elegant strategic solutions which are reusable and easily maintainable.
- Peer reviewing other team members’ code.
- Attend stand-ups with key stakeholders – communicating the status of development and raising any potential risks as early as possible.
- Produce clear and concise documentation where required.
- Continuous learning.
- Sharing technical knowledge with other members of the Data Engineering Team.
- Cultivating an understanding of the Gaming industry and playing our games to appreciate the players’ experience and the context for our data solutions.
- Some 2nd Line on-call support
Competencies and experience required:
- Strong SQL/Procedural SQL/Data Warehousing experience
- Demonstrable experience of data processing such as Python and Java.
- Experience of Cloud engineering - GCP, AWS, etc.
- Unix shell scripting (or alternative) experience.
- Has worked in a team that adhered to agile principles.
- Has demonstrated self-motivation/pro-activeness on a previous role.
- Good communication skills, including the ability to translate technical descriptions into something that can be understood by a non-technical business-facing team member.
- A keenness to understand how the technical task at hand translates into business value.
- An innovator who is not afraid to put forward ideas for improving team process or suggest new features to the Product Owner.
- Exposure to Databricks.
- Delivering services as docker containers.
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs and streaming.
- An interest or experience in the gambling industry.
We are on a mission to become the world’s most entertaining online gaming company.
Our culture is visible everywhere, which is so important in the world we live in right now! It is not just in what you can see, it's in everything we do, we're hard workers and we get stuck in. We have fun, making fun and our vision is to invent, play and discover together, to craft experiences that thrill our players and rock the world.
When you visit our Estonian office - right in the heart of Tallinn you’ll find a cosy office with carpet covered floors, bean bag chairs all around, walls themed with games graphics, a fridge full of drinks and bowls full of candy. In a usual summer you’ll meet all our families together for a celebration abroad and in the winter, you’ll get to enjoy the Christmas events with your colleagues and there’s always something for the kids! Frequent social events give you the opportunity to stretch both your mind and body, whether it be getting involved in a meetup, doing a bowling session or playing board games with your team.
This is Bally's Interactive and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.