Gamesys is a Bally’s Corporation company and forms part of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, with tens of millions of players and thousands of employees across the globe.
Take a look at our Gamesys brands & sites - Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Vera&John, Monopoly - they’re some of the best-known names in our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself!
We are looking to for a forward-thinking, business oriented and pro-active Business Intelligence Team Lead with extensive experience in delivering data solutions using Tableau, Power BI, SQL, AWS and Databricks platforms.
The person will steer the delivery of current reporting requirements and will drive the development of business intelligence solutions across the number of instances of our gaming platforms.
This is a challenging role for a change-driven BI professional, offering the possibility to work in a growing and fast-paced global business and be part of a truly transformational program that will significantly move our company forward over the next few years.
- Conduct regular one-to-one meetings with direct reports
- Participate in formulating bi-annual objectives for team members and ensures objectives align with Company’s strategic goals
- Resolve conflicts and issues that may impact the wellbeing of individual team members
- Facilitate annual salary reviews and keeps track of team members’ current and upcoming absences.
- Nurture a culture of feedback and continuous improvement
- Be the primary contact for maintaining the existing reporting suite based on Tableau and Power BI and dashboards with the support of other experienced BI team members
- Undertake performance tuning to ensure data sources and dashboards reports are optimized and function within acceptable parameters.
- Conduct a comprehensive review of all current BI reporting to establish a BAU Reporting Requirements Definition for all business functions.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams such as Retention, Player Management, Machine Learning, Operations and Finance to define and document BI requirements.
- Partner with other teams such as data operations and data engineering to ensure consistency in quality and implementation of best practices for SQL code development, reporting and analysis
- Ongoing monitoring of existing key reports to ensure data quality and integrity
- Be an integral part of the wider data organization to understand new processes and data structures to deliver key business information to key users.
- Lead the data migration strategy for BI to ensure that all required historic reporting data sets are migrated from legacy reporting tools into the new application (Tableau)
- Analyse BI requirements and design/develop data warehousing, data integration, and reporting solutions to support standard reporting, dashboards, and a self-service environment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define the business layer and presentation layer of the BI model that is business-friendly and supports a self-service environment where appropriate.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Conduct technical/functional testing during the development process.
- Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Sociology or equivalent
- 3-4 years of relevant experience in a similar role
- Solid understand of relational database systems and cloud infrastructure
- Master at SQL and Excel
- Proficiency in modern data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI or similar
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clear thinker who is comfortable explaining her or his thinking, discussing and challenging different approaches, and working collaboratively and creatively to identify new approaches
- Interested in how the business operates. You'll be working with data to solve actual business problems
- Love working with data; excited to learn new tools and technologies
We believe this process works both ways, so what can we do for you?
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market including continued personal growth, career development plans and performance bonus. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish – you’ll be working in a very modern work environment – and we will make sure you will also have enough time to unwind with our monthly massages, office events and team-building activities.
This is Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be. You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s a promise.
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.