Gamesys is a Bally’s Corporation company and forms part of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, with tens of millions of players and thousands of employees across the globe.
Take a look at our Gamesys brands & sites - Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Vera&John, Monopoly - they’re some of the best-known names in our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself!
The Compliance Officer position is a new opportunity for an individual eager to contribute to a growing part of the Gamesys business. In this role you will be responsible for all day-to-day compliance needs pertaining to your assigned North American territory. We apply a structured approach to compliance where situations are managed and reacted to due to unforeseen circumstances. The successful candidate is enthusiastic, team-oriented, and willing to engage in collaboration with the compliance team. We are looking for a positive and determined individual who is willing to assume responsibilities as new projects and initiatives emerge. A successful Compliance Officer candidate must be highly organized with excellent coordination skills. Availability to the compliance team when shifts in priorities are presented is a demonstrable aspect of the successful candidate’s personality. We are looking for someone who is able to deal with people at all levels by implementing excellent verbal and written communication skills. Someone who demonstrates a proactive, adaptable, and solution-oriented approach to tasks and is willing to continually learn and improve will flourish in this role. Your analytical, interpretation and problem-solving skills will certainly be utilized and cultivated as a Compliance Officer at Gamesys.
Our New Jersey office is in downtown Jersey City along the waterfront overlooking lower Manhattan and is close to all public transportation hubs (Exchange Place PATH station, Harborside Hudson-Bergen Lightrail station and Exchange Place bus stops).
This exempt position working days and hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m.-5:30 p.m. We operate on a hybrid working model, splitting work environments between home and office.
- Assume ownership of assigned North American territory ensuring all regulatory compliance communications, reporting, responses, tracking, and monitoring are performed to Gamesys standards
- Build, cultivate, and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that all compliance reporting is documented and available to Senior Management
- Monitor, investigate and craft required regulatory reports on incidents as required by regulatory bodies
- Work with various teams across the business to ensure best practices in compliance
- Respond to Regulator inquiries in a clear, concise, and accurate manner
- Help to build and maintain relationships with other business functions and ensure effective collaboration between compliance and other key teams at Gamesys
- Perform ongoing reporting to sports betting and iGaming partners, entities, and regulatory bodies
- Comply with licensing and regulatory requirements in relevant jurisdictions. Work closely with members of the compliance function located in other officers, across the Group
- Work with the compliance team to ensure that sub-contracted, outsourced, subsidiaries and partners working with Gamesys Group are maintaining the highest standards for all compliance-related activities and if not, ensure that immediate corrective action is put in place
- Initiate, monitor, and submit registration related materials to third-party vendors
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining policies, procedures, and internal guidance in relation to AML, Social Responsibility, Marketing & Advertising, and licensing
Your experience and skills
We are looking for an individual who is passionate about the gaming industry and looking to advance their career in the industry. Someone who thrives when faced with a wide array of tasks will flourish in this role. Compliance touches every aspect of a gaming business, and a well-rounded person will be inspired by the work we perform as a unit. The ability to apply Gamesys’ DNA to provide ongoing compliance solutions for a variety of departments will be necessary for success in this role. We want someone with shrewd judgment who can make sound, reasonable and reliable judgments for the department. The ideal candidate is a trustworthy individual who can understand, interpret, and apply basic legal text. We will support you as you acclimate to this position; someone who is innately curious about how the gaming industry operates would be an ideal fit for our team.
- Demonstrated understanding of Compliance, Responsible Gambling, Customer Due Diligence, Anti-Money Laundering, preferably within the gambling industry
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical thinking
- Focused learner eager to provide insight and assume responsibility
- Positive and determined outlook in the face of adversity
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional time management skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Comfortable interacting and communicating with executives and regulatory agencies
- Willingness and ability to obtain & maintain gaming licenses in emerging jurisdictions, as needed
The above duties should give an overall picture of the employee’s day-to-day responsibilities but should in no way be deemed to be an exhaustive list; additional, related, duties may be assigned by the manager in line with business exigencies and continuity
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.