Gamesys is a Bally’s Corporation company and forms part of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, with tens of millions of players and thousands of employees across the globe.
Take a look at our Gamesys brands & sites - Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Vera&John, Monopoly - they’re some of the best-known names in our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself!
We’re looking for a hands-on engineer with a passion for data to work alongside other developers, architects and machine learning engineers in an agile environment. You will be working in a team delivering batch and streaming data pipelines and services on our strategic AWS cloud-based data platform. You will work with data scrum team members, data architects, product owners and business analysts, delivering elegant solutions and troubleshooting problems. You will get to work with massive datasets and learn to apply the latest big data technologies on cloud platforms. An interest or experience in the gaming industry is desirable.
- Coding resilient, scalable and elegant solutions which are reusable and easily maintainable.
- Peer reviewing other team member’s code.
- Cooperating with architects and other data engineers to develop technical designs and to propose solutions to key stakeholder requirements.
- Attending stand-ups with key stakeholders, communicating the status of development and raising any potential risks as early as possible.
- Producing clear and concise documentation where required.
- Attending training as required related to AWS, ETL and data pipelines generally.
- Using CI/CD technologies, deploy and maintain applications with Kubernetes.
- Continuous improvement of the tools and processes used by the team.
- Showing an interest in the Gaming industry and in playing our games to understand the impact of data on the player experience.
- Strong Java experience (mainly Core Java 11, Spring Boot)
- Experience with message driven architecture using Kafka or similar
- ETL data load process development experience
- Streaming data process development with Kafka Stream/Kafka Connect or similar
- Knowledge of SQL, experience with relational databases (MySQL)
- Experience dealing with large and complex data sets
- Development and testing best practices
- Version control with Git or similar
- Familiar with NoSQL technologies
- Embrace agile software engineering practices and tools; TDD, Continuous Integration etc.
- Understanding of software development lifecycle, Agile software design principles and build processes
We offer some of the most competitive benefits in the market, including continued personal growth and career development plans, as well as performance based bonuses. We also believe in providing an environment where employees can flourish. You’ll have the opportunity (hopefully soon!) to work in a modern and well catered for environment, with monthly massages, office events and team-building activities. Until then, we also offer a Work From Home Allowance to ensure you have everything you need to work comfortably, during these times.
We are Gamesys Group and we’re here to make gaming everything it should be! You’ll have fun making fun every day, and that’s our promise.
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.