Gamesys is a Bally’s Corporation company and forms part of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, with tens of millions of players and thousands of employees across the globe.
Take a look at our Gamesys brands & sites - Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Vera&John, Monopoly - they’re some of the best-known names in our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself!
We are on the look out for an HR Advisor to join our HR team in Stoke 20 hours per week, ideally afternoons and evenings. This is a great and varied opportunity to help support a multinational business. This role reports into the HR Business Partner (also based in Stoke) and will require lots of collaboration with remotely based stakeholders including members of the wider HR team. This will be a demanding and fast paced role, due to the high volumes of first line HR support our teams and managers need. Sitting within the HRBP pillar of the wider People Department, there will be lots of opportunity for growth, development and involvement in project work as Gamesys Group plc continues its mission to have fun making fun.
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and team leaders on employee relations matters including; grievances, disciplinaries, capability and absence management
- Managing ER processes as outlined above and in line with the relevant employment law, Acas and Gamesys’ own global best practice
- Responsibility for a varied client group, and also stepping up to support the wider Commercial Unit’s HR Managers, if and when required
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with employees, responding to any queries or problems and proactively managing expectations – making suggestions for the department, where appropriate too
- Being the first point of contact for Stoke-based employees, regarding any People-related policies or processes
- Conduct exit interviews feeding information back into the business and suggesting and executing any actions which need addressing
- Work collaboratively with the HR Admin and Operations function, to ensure that policies, processes, information and systems are optimised and accurate
- To proactively update the HRIS so that accurate reports and visibility can be given to key stakeholders, being mindful of confidential or sensitive situations
- Work with the team to support with cyclical activities including; onboarding, offboarding, performance and salary reviews
- Support with generating management information, accurately filing reports, employee comms and org charts for change projects, career pathways, succession planning and other adhoc projects
- Occasional support with payroll in other locations such as; North America, Stoke and Gibraltar – to cover holiday and sickness absences
The successful incumbent will be confident in providing excellent advice to employees at all levels and will need to build strong relationships easily. The Group People Team has different pillars forming our Centres of Excellence (Talent, Communications, Reward, Learning & Development, Operational HR and Admin) and it’s crucial that this role can maintain strong lines of communication with each, working collaboratively with them to provide solutions which meet our stakeholder needs. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate experience in writing, updating and advising on Company policies, but also in managing employees and managers through ER processes in the most helpful and flexible manner possible.
The role will have a high workload volume which will require strong prioritisation skill and you will need to share the HR Team’s passion for delivering excellent customer service.
You don’t always have to be serious to be taken seriously and at Gamesys, we have fun making fun! It takes a very special individual, with high emotional intelligence who is keen to develop their knowledge of labour law practices and therefore know when to make the right judgement calls with our people. Strong written and verbal communication is one of the most important skills this role relies upon and we require this individual to comfortably demonstrate this throughout the selection process.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Excellent knowledge of Acas Code of Conduct
- Evidence of supporting stakeholders at all levels and across a diverse range of departments and locations
- Has run and processed payroll exceptions reports across multi-sites
- Excellent stakeholder management and relationship building skills
- Collaborative with strong examples of project work
- Flexible and able to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritise effectively
- A genuine interest in HR and people
- Discreet, trustworthy and able to instil respect from stakeholders at all levels
- Experience of working with line managers on employee lifecycle activities (recruiting, onboarding, performance management, offboarding etc)
- Strong understanding of the role of HR Business Partnering as well as HR Centres of Excellence (Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, Reward, Operational and Admin HR)
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Suite: SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Teams and Outlook
- CIPD Level 5 or equivalent qualification
- Immigration law knowledge; worker secondments, intracompany transfers etc
- Able to demonstrate business insight and a sound organisational understanding
- Experience of driving employee engagement
- HR systems experience – ideally SAP or an industry equivalent
- Knowledge of HR/Intranet comms platforms such as Confluence
You're just a few clicks away from a Gamesys future! Take the plunge and submit your CV.
Have fun, making fun
The team here at Gamesys may be diverse, but we are united by an ambition to take gaming experiences to new levels around the world. Are you ready to join us? If you are, you’ll be part of a business with the scale, vision, leadership, and talent to match its bold goals.